Codes of conduct
Bredagh GAC is fully committed to the safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club must, at all times show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of everybody. Therefore all members are encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns or complaints that may have with their respective Team Manager.
Children/young people are expected to:
- Keep within the playing/coaching area.
- Behave and listen to all instructions from the coach.
- Take care of equipment owned by the club.
- Refrain from the use of bad language or racial/sectarian references.
- Refrain from bullying or persistent use of rough and dangerous play.
- Show respect to other youth members and leaders.
- Not get involved in anything that may cause them harm.
- Report inappropriate behaviour or risky situations for youth members.
- Respect officials and accept decisions.
- Show appropriate loyalty and be gracious in defeat.
- Respect opponents as fellow competitors
- Not cheat/not use violence.
- Not tell lies about adults or other children and not to spread rumours
Children/young people have the right to :
- Be safe, be listened to, be respected and privacy.
- Enjoy sport in a protective environment.
- Be referred to professional help if needed.
- Be protected from abuse by other member or outside sources.
- Participate on an equal basis, appropriate to their ability.
- Experience competition and the desire to win.
- Be believed.
- Ask for help.
Players within the Club must:
- Respect the rights dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official. If you need clarification, have your captain, coach or manager approach the official during a break or after the competition.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team. Your teams performance will benefit –so will you.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or the opposition.
- Show respect to and acknowledge opponents and officials (e.g. shake hands before and after the game and say things like “good luck”, “thanks for the game” etc.)
- Cooperate with your coach, team-mates and opponents without them there would be no competition.
- Be on time for training sessions, matches and competitions so as not to disrupt the smooth running of their team.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit not just to please parents and coaches.
- Play fair-no verbal abuse of officials, sledging other players (including vilification) or deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent.
Declaration: I understand and agree to abide by this Code of Conduct. I understand that failure to abide by this Code of Conduct will result in disciplinary action by the club committee.