TITLE, OBJECTS AND COLOURS
1. The Club shall be called Bredagh GAC and in English as Bredagh GAC hereinafter called “The Club.”
2. The objects of the Club shall be the promotion of the aims of Cumann Lứthchleas Gael, as outlined in its Charter and General Rules, and the membership and resources of the Club shall be utilised for and dedicated solely to those aims.
3. The colours of the Club shall be Maroon Jersey and White shorts.
4. All classes of members of the Club shall be elected by the Executive Committee, and such classes shall consist of Full, Honorary, Temporary and Youth.
5. Full (Ordinary) Membership of the Club, which shall be for a period of not less than one year, shall be open to all persons of 18 years of age and over who subscribe to and undertake to further the aims and objects of Cumann Lũthchleas Gael , such Full Members shall be registered with the County Registrar.
6. Honorary Membership shall be open to all persons who have rendered exceptional service to the Club or Activities of Cumann Lũthchleas Gael. They may be elected for life or for any defined period but, unless otherwise stated in the minute made on the occasion of their election, their membership shall terminate at the close of the current year but may be renewed by the Executive Committee from year to year. Honorary Members shall have all the privileges of Full Members except in the management or control of the Club, and they shall not be obliged to pay the subscription as provided for in Club Constitution Rule 14.
7. Temporary Membership shall be open to all persons actively involved in such additional activities as may be promoted by the Club. They may be admitted for periods not exceeding forty eight weeks, after being duly elected. They shall not be entitled to vote or engage in the management or control of the Club.
8. Youth Membership shall be open to all persons under 18 years of age. They shall not be entitled to vote or engage in the management or control of the Club.
9. Application for Membership – The person seeking admission as a member of any class, other than honorary, shall complete and sign a prescribed application form, which must be returned to the
Club Secretary. The application for membership must be proposed and seconded by two paid-up Registered Full Members.
10. The name and address of such person proposed as a member of the Club, together with the names of those proposing and seconding him/her, shall be displayed in a conspicuous place in the Club premises for at least two weeks before election.
11. The Executive shall inform the applicant of its decision. A new member on election shall, on payment of the membership subscription, be given a membership card.
12. At the discretion of the Executive Committee, the foregoing procedure (Club Rules 9 to 11) need not apply in cases other than the election of Full Members.
13 (a) The Executive Committee shall have the power to expel or suspend from Club activities any member of the Club whose actions are, in the opinion of the Committee, prejudicial to the interests of the Club.
(b) Such persons, if Registered Full Members, shall have the right to appeal to a Special General Meeting, as provided in these Club Rules.
(c) Unless the offence is brought to the notice of the County Committee by the Club and that body, having considered the merits of the case and having regard to the rights of the player or member, imposes a suspension, the player or member continues to be a legal member of the Association and is merely suspended from club activities.
14. Annual subscriptions of members other than Honorary Members shall be decided by the Annual General Meeting; timescales for payment will appear on Club website, www.bredaghgac.com
15. Any member, other than Honorary Member, whose annual subscription is not paid within the appropriate timescale shall cease to be a member and will not be eligible to participate in the games of any section of the Club or to partake in any of the privileges attached to membership.
16. The Executive Committee shall have power to grant Temporary membership, under such terms as it shall think fit, to any person whose membership shall have lapsed under Club Rule 15.
17. The business and affairs of the Club shall be under the management of an Executive Committee, and it shall be the controlling body of the Club.
18. The Executive Committee shall be elected by the Registered Full Members present, entitled to vote and voting at the Annual Geneal Meeting and nominations to serve on the Executive Committee shall be by any two such Registered Full Members.
19. The Executive Committee shall hold office for a period of one year or until the following Annual General Meeting, whichever is sooner.
20. The Executive Committee shall be comprised of the Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary, Registrar, one Players’ Representative and at least 5 Registered Full Members.
21. The Executive Committee shall have the sole right to appoint sub-committees as required. It shall define the duties of such subcommittees, and retain control in all matters and activities which it considers of importance to the general welfare of the Club, including the disposal of any funds in the hands of such subcommittees.
22. The Executive Committee shall have power to nominate the Chairperson of such sub-committees.
23. The Club Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Honorary Secretary and Honorary Treasurer of the Executive Committee shall be ex-officio members of all sub-committees.
24. The Executive Committee may prepare bye-laws for the proper control and management of the Club, which shall be submitted for ratification to an Annual or Special General Meeting of the Club. Alterations, deletions, or additions to such bye-laws may be made only at the following Annual General Meeting, or at a
Special General Meeting called for the purpose.
25. The Executive Committee shall meet at least once each quarter, and four shall constitute a quorum at a meeting of the Executive Committee.
26. The Executive Committee shall administer the business affairs of the Club and the property under its control in accordance with the aims and objects specified in the Constitution, and shall have all
such administrative powers as may be necessary for properly carrying out the aims and objects of the Club.
27. Each member shall have the right to be heard by the Executive Committee upon any complaint or representation sent by him in writing to the Honorary Secretary.
28. A special meeting of the Executive Committee may be called a. by the Honorary Secretary, or
b. by the Honorary Secretary within 3 days of the receipt by him of a requisition, duly signed by 4 members of the Executive Committee. Such notice shall set out the purpose for which the special meeting is required.
29. The Chairperson shall preside over all meeting of the Executive Committee; in the absence, the Vice-Chairperson shall preside. If both the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson are absent,
the Committee may elect a member present to preside at the meeting.
30. Any member of the Executive Committee who shall have absented himself from 3 consecutive meetings without reasonable explanation, shall be deemed to have resigned from the Executive
31. Should any member of the Executive Committee resign, or his position otherwise lapse, the remaining members of the Executive Committee shall have the power to fill the vacancy by co-opting from the body of the Registered Full Membership. The service of any member on the Executive Committee chosen to fill a
casual vacancy shall not be reckoned in calculating the seniority of such member, if subsequently elected to service on the Executive Committee.
32. A Chairman of a General Meeting Executive Committee, or any sub-Committee shall, in the event of a tie, have a casting vote, in addition to his vote as a member.
33. All Registered Full Members who are over the age of eighteen on the 1st day of January preceding the Annual General Meeting, and whose subscriptions at the prescribed rate are not in arrears, shall be eligible to vote at a General Meeting, and voting shall be by a show of hands or by secret ballot at the discretion of such Registered Full Members.
34. Not less than 5 days final notice of all General Meetings, Annual or Special, shall be given by the Honorary Secretary to all Registered Full Members of the Club.
35. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held on or before 31 December, as arranged by the Executive Committee.
36. In the case of the Annual General Meeting, all motions and nominations must be in the hands of the Honorary Secretary not less than 14 days before the date of the Annual General Meeting. 37. The following business shall be transacted at the Annual General Meeting.
a. Minutes of previous Annual General Meeting.
b. Annual Report submitted by the Honorary Secretary.
c. Financial Statement submitted by Honorary Treasurer.
d. Election of Officers and Members of the Executive Committee.
e. Notice of Motion.
f. General Business.
38. A Special General Meeting of the Club shall be called by the Honorary Secretary within 14 days, if directed by the Executive Committee or demanded in writing by not less than 12 Registered Full Members, who in their requisition shall state the object of such meeting. No other business shall be transacted at that Special Meeting. A minimum fee of Є13 shall accompany the requisition by members calling such meeting, this feel shall be forfeited to the funds of the Club if the matter be considered frivolous by the majority of those present and voting.
39. Twelve Registered Full Members entitled to vote shall constitute a quorum at a General or Special Meeting of the Club.
ASSETS AND TRUSTEES
40. (a) The Club shall have power to acquire and hold and to sell, leave, mortgage or charge real and personal property. Real property shall not be transferred, sold, leased, conveyed, mortgaged, or otherwise charged or dealt with without the consent of the Central Council, as set out in the Declaration of Trust.
(b) The real property of the Club shall be vested in 5 members of Cumann Lũthchleas Gael as Trustees, who shall hold same in accordance with the Charter, Constitution and Rules thereof, and subject to the covenants and conditions contained in the approved Declaration of Trust, and who shall sell, lease, mortgage or charge he said property when directed to do so and with the consent of the Central
Council. The Executive Committee shall select the 3 Club Trustees who shall then be appointed by the Chairperson of the Club, and the remaining Trustees shall be appointed by the President of the Provincial Council and the Chairman of the County Committee, where appropriate.
(c) The person property of the Club shall vest in the Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary for the time being of the Club, who shall hold same in trust for the Club. The said Trustees shall invest the funds of the Club in accordance with the directions of the Executive Committee, of which an entry in the minute book of the Club shall be conclusive evidence.
(d) The Executive Committee shall open a bank account on behalf of the Club, and all cheques drawn on the said account shall be signed by the Treasurer and by the Chairperson or Secretary.
(e) Correct accounts and books shall be kept, showing the financial affairs and receipts and disbursements of the Club.
(f) The said Trustees of the real property and of the personal property for the time being shall be as set out in the Schedules to these Club Rules.
(g) The Club shall indemnify and save harmless a Trustee in respect of any loss or out of pocket expenses, bona fide incurred by him in or about the execution of his trust or powers.
COMPLIANCE WITH PROVISIONS OF OFFICIAL GUIDE
41. This Club Constitution and Rules shall be read in conjunction with the General Rules of Cumann Lũthchleas Gael contained in the Official Guide, as amended from time to time.
ALTERATIONS OF RULES
42. Alternations and additions to these Club Rules may be made at any Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting called for the purpose, providing that the resolution proposing same is carried by a vote of two thirds of the members present and voting, and that same do not conflict with the Rules of
Cumann Lũthchleas Gael.
43. Members wishing to propose alterations or additions to these Club Rules must send notice of the proposed alterations or additions in writing to the Honorary Secretary not later than 14 days
before the Annual General Meeting, or may do so by calling a Special Meeting, as provided for in the Rules.
INTERPRETATION OF CLUB RULES
44. The Executive Committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of these Club Rules (with the exception of Club Rule 13), and of any bye-laws and regulations made thereunder; and the decision of the Executive Committee upon any question of interpretation or upon any matter affecting the Club and not
provided for by these Club Rules or by the bye-laws and regulations made thereunder shall be final and binding on the members, subject to appeal to a General Meeting, and shall not under any circumstances be subject to appeal to any Court of Law. This constitution has been adopted on the 12th of March 2004 by the said committee listed below:
Chairman – Malcolm McFarlane
Vice Chair – Boyd Devlin
Secretary – Ciaran O’Keefe
Treasurer – Bryan Rice
PRO – Frank Costello
Assistant Secretary – Mairead McCarten
Assistant Treasurer – Aislinn McCloskey
Website Administrator – Simon Francis
Youth Co-Ordinator – Anne Costello
Committee Members –